The Android 4.04 version is now available for the AirPad. Here is a page with a list of links
The direct link to the firmware is http://www.virtual-productions.nl/default.asp?page=21
Also you will need to download LiveSuite 1.07 http://www.mediafire.com/?7yh4iaorj01n3d7
Before you start, I will warn you that the default language is in Chinese after installing the firmware. So you will need to navigate blindly (unless you know chinese) through the menus to the language to select English. Fortunately the English Option is in English.
1. The tablet should be off and not connected to the computer, however it should be plugged into power
2.Extract the firmware so you can see the image named “97F3-H1-H1-H01-2355.20120711.img”
3.Run LiveSuitPack 1.07
4. After running the exe go to the folder and run the application (LiveSuit.exe approx. 2mb)
5.Click Yes to the message
6.Click “General” for the format mode, and then click Yes.
7.Browse to the folder where the image 97F3-H1-H1-H01-2355.20120711.img Prepare the Momo9
8 Power the Airpad 7p completely off.
9. Hold down the back button pressed and plug it in via USB, and wait about 3 seconds.
10. Keep pressing the back button and also press the power button time for 10 times (this is an art and a science and will take several tries don’t expect to get it the first time)
11.After several presses on the power button there will be a sound as Windows recognises new USB hardware
12.Windows 7 will install drivers automatically, in Windows XP you need to point windows to the directory where you extracted software (also make sure you do not have usb check marked in setup).
13.When all the drivers are installed, the firmware will start to install automatically. If it doesn’t start automatically, unplug and try again.
14.Finishing the Installation
15. There will be no sign of loading on the Momo9, don’t worry.
16.On the PC, LiveSuit shows a bar graph showing the status. It takes about 2 mins to load the firmware
17. After the yellow bar on Livesuite is completed action (about 2 mins) nothing happens, as the Airpad will power itself off.
18. You will see an exclamation mark with no text. Click OK.
19. Then wait a few seconds. Unplug the momo9 from the USB. You will see a green battery symbol.
20. Restart the tablet manually (as normal using the on/off button). It will take several minutes to boot up for the first time
21. After this, you will be given two options, click start using android wizard (or something similar).
After loading you will need to change the language to English as it will be in Chinese (yikes). Don’t freak out yet, however to do this
1. Go the the programs menu by clicking on te 6 small squares n the top right corner.
2. Go to settings app. (it is the last icon on of the second row on the second screen.
3. Scroll down till you see the icon with the “A” on it (which is Language and Input).
4. Click on the very top option and you will see a list of languages. Scroll down to English (United States).
5. Everything should be included (Market, Navigation, Maps etc) Enjoy it!
TOTAL TIME 25 minutes.