This is an older tutorial. Please see my updated tutorial for version 4.0.3 which is much stabler
My X10 Airpad 7p is now running Android 4.01. See pictures in previous post. Here are the instructions that I followed to accomplish this. A couple of warnings first. This can brick your airpad and will void the warrantly, so only proceed if you are willing to risk that. I make no guarantees that this will work. It worked for me, but that is all I know. I currently know of no way to recover the airpad if it fails.
This upgrade will completely reset and delete all your settings, information, and apps. So you will need to set everything back up and redownload your apps and widgets.
Prepare the files
1. Extract the firmware so you can see the image named “MOMO9C-4-Kevin”
2. Install LiveSuitPack 1.07
2. After running the exe go to the folder and run the application (LiveSuit.exe approx. 2mb)
3. Browse to the folder where the image MOMO9C-4-Kevin
4. The tablet should be off
Prepare the Momo9
5. Whilst keep volume+ button pressed, plug it in via USB
6. Keep pressing the volume+ button and also press the power button time for 10 times
7. After several presses on the power button there will be a “sound” it connects as Windows recognises new USB hardware
8. Windows 7 will install drivers automatically, in Windows XP you need to point windows to the directory where you extracted software
9. When all the drivers are installed, the firmware will start to install automatically
Finishing the Installation
10. There will be no sign of loading on the Momo9 – don’t worry
11. On the PC, LiveSuit shows a bar graph – it takes about 2 mins to go onto the Momo9
12. After the yellow bar on Livesuite is completed action (about 2 mins) nothing happens.
13. You will see an exclamation mark (using Windows 7) with no text. Click OK.
14. Then wait a few seconds. Unplug the momo9 from the USB. You will see a green battery symbol. Ignore it. Restart the tablet manually (as normal using the on/off button).
15. After this, you will be given two options, click start using android wizard (or something similar).
Everything should be included (Market, Navigation, Maps etc) Enjoy it!
TOTAL TIME INCLUDING DOWNLOADS 20 minutes maximum.
Thanks to Momo9 owners – to upgrade the firmware here seem the best summary (from miljenko, Pandawill, MoAnsar, and others)
More information can be found in the online forum at:
X10, Airpad, and Airpad 7p are registered trademarks of x10.com This site is not affiliated with them and did not received permission to use their trademarks
Android is a registered trade mark of Google.com